October 14, 2012

Halloween Tunic/Dress

I bought several Oliver + S patterns, which I'm fairly certain none of you have heard of, for Amelia. They are supposedly the greatest kids clothing patterns around. They are also the most expensive kids clothing patterns around. This is the shirt part of the Puppet Show shirt/short set. 

I thought it would be super cute to make Amelia a special shirt to wear for Halloween. I ordered the fabric online and was surprised at how large the print was. Good thing this top is more like a dress. I made a straight size 2T and am hoping that it will fit her next year too. It was definitely the most intense clothing item I've ever attempted. I think it turned out OK. 


This little tiny thing has 10 buttons. Seriously, 10 buttons. The sleeve has a little button cuff that I think is a really nice added feature. Most children's clothing is pretty plain, but this definitely stands out! Too bad Amelia had the biggest temper tantrum ever when I had her try it on. Apparently, she hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment